This creamy pasta dish is so satisfying and makes a great meal for those day when you're craving comfort food. With chopped carrots and kale, you can be sure to be getting the optimum health benefits from this as well, and the best part- you can't even tell you're eating vegetables. This rich garlic sauce can make any whole food taste delicious.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight (or boiled for 10 minutes)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup finely diced carrots
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, saute onion in 2 tbsps vegetable broth for 6-8 minutes, then add garlic. Add a little bit more vegetable broth as needed to prevent burning, and cook garlic and onions for an additional 5 minutes.
- Let cool for a minute, then add onion-garlic mixture to blender along with 1 cup vegetable broth, soaked cashews, lemon juice, salt & pepper. Blend until creamy and smooth. Add more broth as needed to thin out the sauce to desired consistency.
- In a saucepan over medium heat (maybe you can use the same one you just used for the onions, less dishes yay!) add 2 tbsps vegetable broth, then add carrots and kale and saute for 10 minutes. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- In a pot, boil water for desired amount of pasta. Once finished drain pasta and toss in saucepan with carrots and kale, then pour the sauce on top and stir to combine. Add a pinch of crushed red pepper for extra heat.